Your Dedicated And Experienced Team For Business Torts And Litigation
At the law firm of Lerner & Weiss APC, we vigorously represent our clients in all areas of business law and business torts. Even with carefully drafted contracts and well-defined business relationships, disputes and litigation are virtually unavoidable for the majority of businesses. Most of these disputes are easily resolved, while others require negotiations in order to come to mutually agreeable terms. However, some disputes inevitably find their way into the courtroom.
Our legal team works with you as though we are an extension of your business team. We treat you as a business partner and will only recommend resolutions we ourselves would implement for our own business. Our business lawyers work on your case and give regular updates so you are free to continue your day-to-day business activities and minimize any potential losses.
With the purpose of looking after the best interests of you and your business, whether that involves simple or intensive negotiations, or taking your case to trial and utilizing our courtroom skills, our lawyers have the skill, experience and ability to achieve the results that are in your best interest.
Types Of Business Litigation Cases We Handle
Our business litigation attorneys have vast experience litigating many types of cases, including:
- Breach of contract. Businesses function on contracts. There are partnership contracts, business-to-business contracts, vendor contracts and more. When one party breaches the terms of the contract, legal intervention is generally required.
- Breach of fiduciary duty. This can be a particularly difficult area of law. We work to minimize disputes between partners and shareholders and come to a quick resolution.
- Business dissolution. Each business formation requires a different type of dissolution procedure in order to comply with local, state and federal laws.
- Fraudulent transactions. You may need to defend your business against allegations of fraud, or you have been the victim of a fraudulent transaction.
- Partnership disputes. These range from petty disagreements that can easily be resolved to major disputes that may result in the dissolution of your partnership or business.
- Tax disputes. Whatever your tax situation is, state or federal, we can help with a resolution.
- Trade secrets. This can be complex and involve a detailed investigation. We work to preserve your secrets so you can concentrate on managing your business.
We work with you to solve any and all of your business litigation issues, and treat them the same as if they were our issues.
Remedies For Business Torts
If your business has suffered a claim that has interfered with your ability to earn income, or has compromised your reputation, contact one of our business tort lawyers at Lerner & Weiss APC. We also defend our business clients if they are alleged to have committed a business tort.