Commercial Receivables Management Service Attorneys
As a business owner, collecting on receivables owed to your business is a vital part of keeping your company afloat. When debtors default, the entire economic future of your business may be threatened
It’s a reoccurring story: Company A owes Company B money. What can Company B do to get paid?
At Lerner & Weiss APC, our commercial receivables management service attorneys do everything within our power to legally collect receivables owed to our business clients. We follow a fairly simple process:
- We listen. It is important to understand the issues from the perspective of the client to get a clear picture of the challenge ahead.
- We take the anxiety out of the situation. Yes, unpaid receivables can spell the death of a business. But, communicating with professionals who have a proven record of success restores optimism.
- We strategize. We identify the approach that is most likely to yield positive results and we commit to it. We are not a one-size-fits-all firm. Your concerns are our concerns.
- We act. We are known for our aggressiveness in pretrial discovery, seeking mediation or settlement at the earliest opportunity. However, if it is in our client’s best interest, we will not hesitate to go to trial.
- We communicate. We keep our clients informed of our progress and are available for any questions they may have throughout the collection process.
When you need an attorney that provides commercial receivables management services, we are your go-to firm.
Skilled California Receivable Collection Law Firm
No matter who owes your business money, or for whatever reasons you need the services of a receivable collection attorney, we can help. We have more than 70 years of collective experience assisting our business clients collecting money owed to them. Some examples include, but are not limited to:
- Business-to-business receivables. When one business claims it does not owe a receivable to another one, and refuses to pay, we can intercede and negotiate a settlement or work toward collecting the full amount that is owed. These disputes often arise from breach of contract issues which we also stand ready to pursue and litigate.
- Prejudgment writ of attachment. If we win your case, but the debtor has transferred or depleted assets, there may be nothing to collect. We are skilled in obtaining prejudgment writs of attachments in order to prevent debtors from taking these actions.
- Hidden assets. We work to find all assets so that even those that were hidden are subject to a prejudgment writ of attachment.
- Partner & investor disputes.
- Repayment of loans, investments, promissory notes and guarantees.
- Secured or unsecured property.
Enforcement Of Post-Judgment Rights And Remedies
Winning your case in court is not the final step. Enforcement of the judgment and collecting the receivable must still be pursued. At Lerner & Weiss, our commercial receivable collection attorneys continue to enforce all of your rights and protect your interests. We are skilled in:
- Wage garnishments.
- Levies on bank accounts, other personal property and accounts payable.
- Placing liens on real property.
- Seizure of real property and other assets.
Efficient And Effective Commercial Receivable Collection
At Lerner & Weiss, our business lawyers listen carefully to our clients. We develop a clear picture of your needs and identify a receivable collection strategy that will be the least disruptive to your business and one that will be the most likely to end in success.
If that means negotiation or mediation, we are skilled in those areas of law. If it means taking your case to trial, our many years of business litigation experience makes us effective and efficient trial attorneys. There are no guarantees in the law, but you can stand proudly beside us in the courtroom, confident that we will achieve for you the best possible result.
You Don’t Pay Unless We Collect
We understand that this can be a very difficult time for you and your business. Not only does the unpaid receivables reduce your income, you are expected to come up with additional funds in order to collect what is rightfully yours.
Our commercial receivable collection attorneys do our best to accommodate you, and we can generally offer to work with you on a contingency fee basis. Depending on the nature of the receivables we need to collect and the amount of money involved, we will work with you to make a fair agreement where our fee is a certain percentage of the amount of the receivables we are able to collect.
If we are unable to win your case, we only collect for our costs and you pay no legal fees.
Major Business Transactions · Contract Dispute Litigation
Collection is a niche that Lerner & Weiss is well-known for by many businesses. However, we have an equally long track record serving Southern California’s construction industry.
Our firm represents companies in all business transactions from drafting agreements to breach of contract disputes to business formation.